MG James Ursano Scholarship Program - Fall
This scholarship application is for the 2020-2021 academic year.
The MG James Ursano Scholarship Program for Dependent Children helps Army families pay for undergraduate college expenses for their dependent children. Funds may be used toward tuition, fees, books, supplies, and room and board. Awards are need-based as determined by the Expected Family Contribution (EFC) on the SAR from the FAFSA. Award amounts vary each year based on the applicant’s EFC, our total approved budget, and the number of complete applications received by AER.
- be the dependent child of an active duty or retired Soldier
- be under the age of 24
- remain unmarried for the entire academic year
- maintain a cumulative 2.0 GPA and be pursuing his/her first undergraduate degree at an accredited college or university.
- not be a member of the military or be attending a military academy
The scholarship cycle runs from 1 January through 1 April for the upcoming academic year. All scholarship recipients are notified of their award by email and funds are sent directly to the school indicated during the the scholarship acceptance process prior to each semester. Please read the instructions documents on the AER Website for detailed information about our scholarship program.
If you have applied for an AER scholarship previously and already have an account on this site, click Sign In.
If this is your first time applying for an AER scholarship, click Sign Up.
- The award amount varies based on the applicant's need as determined by the FAFSA, scholarship budget, and number of applications received.