Mrs. Patty Shinseki Spouse Scholarship Program
This application is for the 2022-2023 academic year.
The Mrs. Patty Shinseki Spouse Scholarship Program is a need-based scholarship program established to assist Spouses of Army Soldiers in obtaining their first undergraduate degree. Applicants must reapply each year and may receive assistance for up to four academic years of full-time study or eight academic years of part-time study as long as they meet the eligibility criteria.
The award amounts vary each year based on the number of applicants, applicant’s enrollment (full time or part time), total approved scholarship budget, the applicant’s Expected Family Contribution (EFC) reported on the Student Aid Report (SAR) from the FAFSA, and the average Cost of Attendance to attend a college or university in the United States as provided by the College Board.
Spouses may apply year-round. Applications are reviewed, recipients are notified by email, and scholarship checks are mailed/electronically sent to the schools based on the timeline included in the Program Guidelines. Please read the PROGRAM GUIDELINES document on the Army Emergency Relief Website for detailed information about our scholarship program, application cycles, and fund disbursement details.
- Supplemental Questions
- We communicate primarily by email. To ensure you receive all communications, please add firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org to your email address book. Otherwise, our emails may go to your spam/junk folders. Indicate below that you have added these email addresses to your email address book and understand if you do not, you may not receive your award notice and other important information from us.
- Scholarship Applicant's First Name
- Scholarship Applicant's Middle Name
- Scholarship Applicant's Last Name
- Scholarship Applicant's Suffix (Jr., III, etc.)
- Enter Former or Maiden Name
- Scholarship Applicant's DoD ID Number (DO NOT ENTER YOUR SSN OR BENEFITS NUMBER)
- Scholarship Applicant's Primary Phone Number
- What is the Scholarship Applicant's marital status?
- Is the Scholarship Applicant current or prior military?
- If the Scholarship Applicant is prior military, upload a copy of the Scholarship Applicant's DD214
- Has the Scholarship Applicant received an AER scholarship previously?
- What is the scholarship applicant's major course of study?
- For the 2022-2023 academic year, the Scholarship Applicant will be enrolled in college as a:
- What is the Scholarship Applicant's planned college enrollment for FALL 2022?
- What is the Scholarship Applicant's planned college enrollment for SPRING 2023?
- What is the Scholarship Applicant's planned college enrollment for SUMMER 2023?
- Upload Scholarship Applicant's complete transcript showing all courses and cumulative GPA through the most recently completed term.
- If the Scholarship Applicant has an additional transcript, please upload it here:
- Enter the Scholarship Applicant's current cumulative GPA (through the most recently completed term) on an unweighted 4.0 scale.
- Upload the Scholarship Applicant's COMPLETE (all pages) 2022-2023 Student Aid Report (SAR) from the FAFSA as a pdf. We do not accept the FAFSA confirmation, FAFSA Summary, acknowledgement pages, or screenshots of the first page. Please read the help text on this question for more information.
- Enter the Scholarship Applicant's Expected Family Contribution (EFC) shown on the top of the 1st page of the 2022-2023 Student Aid Report (SAR). Please read the help text for this question for more information about your EFC limit.
- Do you expect to incur child care costs while in school?
- The Scholarship Applicant's Soldier Sponsor's Military Branch is:
- Soldier Sponsor's First Name
- Soldier Sponsor's Middle Name
- Soldier Sponsor's Last Name
- Sponsor Soldier's Suffix (Jr., III, etc.)
- Soldier Sponsor's DoD ID Number (DO NOT ENTER THE SSN OR BENEFITS NUMBER)
- Soldier Sponsor's Current Rank
- Soldier Sponsor's Duty Status
- Based on your answer above, please upload the following:
- Active Duty - upload Soldier Sponsor's most recent LES or Title 10 Orders
- Deceased Active - upload Soldier Sponsor's Casualty Report
- Retired - upload Soldier Sponsor's DD214
- Soldier Sponsor's ETS Date (if active duty)
- What is the name of the nearest Army installation?
- Disclosure Statement: Since Army Emergency Relief (AER) is a nonprofit corporation, the Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C. 552c) is not applicable. However, AER wants participants to be fully aware and acknowledge the need for and required use of the information provided.
Participation in the AER Scholarship Programs is voluntary. All requested information is required for participation. The requested information will be used to verify identity and determine eligibility of applicants. Also, the requested information will be used to publicize scholarship recipients in various publications and via social media. Applicant - enter your name below indicating you have read this statement.
- By entering your name below, the Scholarship Applicant agrees to the following:
I voluntarily give required confidential information with this application to allow proper evaluation of the identity and eligibility of applicant for AER assistance. I understand this consent permits AER to disclose information wherever necessary and that AER will not keep record of disclosures of information regarding this scholarship application. I authorize the Director, AER, or his/her representative, as required, to verify any information herein by contacting an appropriate office or official. I agree the information provided on the application is correct and complete to the best of my knowledge.
- Show 31 more